…may not apply.
If you have read about it – Here’s what the literature says…
If you have done it – Here’s what I did…
If it’s repeatable for you – Here’s the pattern I saw…
If it always works for you – Here’s what you should do…
If you haven’t read it or done it, you should be listening not talking (thoughtful questions exempt).
Crystallography picks up a couple more iphone apps. The app X-rayUtils is designed for those that serve the beam.
- Beam status – includes synchrotrons from throughout the world
- Atomic properties, absorption edges with graphs and fluorescence lines with yields for elements hydrogen through californium
- Absorptions of air and elements
- Flux calculator
Sam is still developing the app so if you have any feedback or suggestions feel free to leave a comment. How about adding neutron beamlines?
1) In the beginning, you have no idea what you are doing.
2) Some people use score cards.
3) You may have to try a lot of conditions before finding one that works.
4) Everyone is going to have advice.
5) You are going to cry.
6) You don’t have to be right all the time, just once.
7) Behaving like lysozyme is not recommended.
Inner beauty matters more than outer.
9) It’s hard to explain to your parents what you are doing.
10) Sometimes you get lucky.